A strongly determined and highly trusted Department committed to capacitate and nurture local government units, public order and safety institutions to sustain peaceful, progressive, and resilient communities where people live happily.
The Department shall promote peace and order, ensure public safety, strengthen capability of local government units through active people participation and a professionalized corps of civil servants.
Goals & Objectives
- Peaceful, safe, self-reliant and development-dominated communities;
- Improve performance of local governments in governance, administration, social and economic development and environmental management;
- Sustain peace and order condition and ensure public safety.
- Reduce crime incidents and improve crime solution efficiency
- Improve jail management and penology services
- Improve fire protection services
- Continue professionalization of PNP, BFP and BJMP personnel and services
- Enhance LGU capacities to improve their performance and enable them to effectively and efficiently deliver services to their constituents
- Continue to initiate policy reforms in support of local autonomy
DILG-CO Quality Policy
We, the DILG-Central Office, imbued with the core values of Integrity, Commitment, Teamwork and Responsiveness, commit to formulate sound policies on strengthening local government capacities, performing oversight function over LGUs, and providing rewards and incentives. We pledge to provide effective technical and administrative services to promote excellence in local governance and enhance the service delivery of our Regional and Field Offices for the LGUs to become transparent, resilient, socially-protective and competitive, where people in the community live happily.
We commit to continually improve the effectiveness of our Quality Management System compliant with applicable statutory and regulatory requirements and international standards gearing towards organizational efficiency in pursuing our mandate and achieving our client’s satisfaction.
We commit to consistently demonstrate a “Matino, Mahusay at Maasahang Kagawaran Para sa Mapagkalinga at Maunlad na Pamahalaang Lokal”.