Pursuant to Proclamation No. 260, dated 30 September 2011, the Barangay Assembly Day for the second semester of CY 2014 is set on October 12, 2014. Relative thereto and in accordance with Section 397(b) of the Local Government Code, every barangay is enjoined to undertake the following activities:
- Delivery of the State of Barangay Address (SOBA), with emphasis on :
(a) CY 2014 First Semester Accomplishments;
(b) CY 2014 First Semester Financial Report to include, among others, the Itemized monthly Collections and Disbursement and the Summary of Income and Expenditures; and
(c) Updates on CY 2014 on going programs and projects.
- Discussion of compliance to DILG Memorandum Circular N0. 2014-81 dated July 15, 2014 regarding the posting of Barangay Budget, Statement of Income and Expenditures and other Barangay Financial Transactions, and Annual Procurement Plan.
- Undertake other engagements or activities as may be deemed necessary or appropriate or as may be identified by the communities, such as but not limited to Community-Based Disaster Risk Reduction and Management (CBDRRM), environmental protection, children’s protection and development, and peace and order.
- Discuss Ugnayan ng Barangay at Simbahan (UBAS) project
- Participate in and monitor the proper implementation of the projects under the Grassroots Participatory Process (GPP)
Create an enabling environment for a meaningful people’s participation in the implementation of DILG projects, especially those in scaling up the practice of good governance.