Home » About Us

ADVISORY

Latest News More

Sec. Mar Roxas signed Statement

July 28, 2014

STATEMENT July 27, 20I4

This is to inform the public that the Armed Forces of the Philippines and the Philippine National Police have declared a temporary ceasefire with the National Democratic Front effective I2 noon of July 27 to I2 noon of August I, 20I4, covering the towns of Placer, Bacuag, Tubod, Gigaquit, Alegria and Claver, all in Surigao del Norte; and the towns of Kitcharao, Jabonga and Santiago, all in Agusan del Norte.

The temporary ceasefire was declared to pave the way for the safe release of four police officers -- P03 Vic Calubag Cancan, POI Rey O'niel Morales, POI Joen B. Zabala and POI Edita F. Roquino-- who were taken into custody by the New People's Army after a...

NPA to turn over four Cops to Roxas

July 28, 2014

Interior and Local Government Secretary Mar Roxas will fly to Mindanao tomorrow (July 29) to ensure the safe release of four police officers held captive by the New People’s Army (NPA) after a rebel raid on the Alegria municipal police station in Surigao del Norte last July 10.

“Kung kinakailangang pumasok sa kampo ng NPA, gagawin natin para masiguro lang na makukuha nating ligtas ang mga pulis na hawak nila ngayon,” Roxas said.

The DILG chief, however, refused to give details of the release, saying the specific location and mechanics were still being worked out by negotiators from the government and the National Democratic Front (NDF).

“Inaayos na lamang ang...

Statement of Secretary Mar Roxas on Janet Lim Napoles' Transfer To Bicutan

July 28, 2014

"The Philippine National Police (PNP) has communicated with the Regional Trial Court of Makati, which in turn issued a Comment interposing no objection to the Order of the Sandiganbayan anti-graft court. Hence, the PNP and the BJMP will cause the transfer of Janet Lim Napoles to the Bureau of Jail Management and Penology (BJMP) Bicutan facility within the day.

I have directed the PNP and BJMP involved in her transfer to coordinate and ensure the safety of Ms. Napoles while in transit from Fort Sto. Domingo in Santa Rosa, Laguna to the BJMP facility in Bicutan."

Interior and Local Government Secretary Mar Roxas reviews documents of one of the beneficiaries of

Hope shines upon Metro Manila's Informal Settlers under 'OPLAN LIKAS'

July 28, 2014

The relocation of informal settler families from the slums of Metro Manila to government relocation sites offers beneficiaries of “Oplan Likas” renewed hope for a better life.

Thus said Interior and Local Government Secretary Mar Roxas who vowed to relocate more informal settler families under the program. “Oplan Likas” or Lumikas para Ligtas sa Kalamidad at Sakit is being spearheaded by the Department of Interior and Local Government (DILG).

So far, a total of 25,000 informal settler families from various parts of Metro Manila have been relocated to safer, better communities. He said the government’s target is to relocate around 100,000 informal settler...

Release of Cops held by NPA in Mindanao set

July 28, 2014

Four policemen held by the New People’s Army (NPA) in Northeastern Mindanao will be released this week after Interior Secretary Mar Roxas secured the commitment of the National Democratic Front (NDF) to free them once the military and police agree to a five-day ceasefire in six towns of Surigao del Norte.

Roxas said he won the commitment of the NDF to release the policemen taken into custody by the NPA after a raid on the municipal hall of Alegria town on July 10 and notified Surigao del Norte Gov. Sol Matugas about it.

He revealed that he took the initiative of seeking the release of PO3 Vic Calubag Concon, PO1 Rey O’niel Morales, PO1 Joen B. Zabala and PO1 Edito F....

Draft MCs, Bills & ProjectsMore